STAND WITH ARIZONA RALLY SATURDAY, JUNE 12 3- 5 PM
City Hall/Municipal Center (400 S. Eagle, Naperville, IL)
Rally begins at 3 PM with speakers and "reading of the bill"
Special Scheduled speaker: Rosanna Pulido, Illinois Minutemen Project
Following the rally, those who are interested in supporting an AZ business are invited to walk to Cold Stone Creamery and purchase a "scoop in support" of AZ (Cold Stone is headquartered in Scottsdale).
Immigrant Solidarity DuPage is calling for a counter-demonstration against the right-wing bigots:
In Dupage we are Arizona! Counter-protest the Minutemen! Justice for Immigrant Workers and their Families!
Elements of the anti-immigrant Naperville "Tea Patriots" and Illinois Minutemen Project will be hosting a rally in Naperville on June 12. The purpose of the rally is to express solidarity with the far right-wing 'buycott' Arizona campaign, that is, to support SB 1070 and other racist proposals that are coming out of that state.
Keynote speaker Rosanna Pulido is chair of the Illinois Minutemen Project and supports a "war of attrition" against undocumented immigrants . After the rally the tea-baggers and minutemensos will march to Stone Cold Creamery in Downtown Naperville (23 W Jefferson Ave) to purchase a "scoop in support" of the Scottsdale-based corporation.
Join Immigrant Solidarity Dupage along with allies and special guests from Aurora and Chicago as we energetically counter-protest this action en masse in downtown Naperville. We stand for the suspension of Arizona's SB 1070 and the ethnic studies targeting HB 2281 initiatives and call on the City of Naperville to immediately boycott the state of Arizona for their racist, Latino-targeting policy.
The "special scheduled speaker" at this rally, Rosanna Pulido, has a history of anti-immigrant activism and was publicly disgraced last year for making a number of racist comments on right-wing extremist website FreeRepublic.com. But she still hasn't called it quits, holding a June 3rd "Pro-SB1070" rally at Chicago City Hall, giving a Fox News TV interview, and organizing people to come see her speak on June 12. So here's her profile complete with phone and address from the white pages:
Rosanna Pulido - 773-250-3399
2525 W Foster Ave / Chicago, IL 60625-2514
- Worked for right-wing extremist groups "Illinois Minutemen Project", "American Hispanics Against Illegal Immigration", "Federation for American Immigration Reform", and "You Don't Speak For Me!"
- Ran several failed campaigns for Illinois 5th Congressional District in the Republican Primaries (even several Republicans want to distance themselves from her)
- Identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a 'top anti-immigrant leader'
- Testified in front of a congressional subcommittee in May 2007: "In Chicago, Ill., where I live, the city is under siege by illegal aliens who speak Spanish, use public services and take jobs away from citizens".
- Comments like "stealing is part of Mexican culture", Muslims during prayer "remind me of my dog smelling butts", and repeatedly calling gay men "fudge packers" has caused a number of her former supporters to publicly withdraw their endorsement of her congressional campaign.